Monday, August 8, 2011

You She Me

She stands between you and me
A rose-colored memory only you can see
A tainted vision of yesterday
Disguised and brightly shaded
By guilt, remorse and unkept promises
Beckoning you back
If I could forcibly move her
I would cut her out of our lives
Her image lingers everywhere
A thousand reflections in a House of Mirrors
In vain I reach out to move her away
But she is false and my hands
Cut only glass
And still she is there between us
If I could I would pick you up
Using you to bludgeon my way out
Destroying her image,
your obsession and my fear
I would smash through the mirrored house,
Misty illusions and half truths
Until I was left standing – spent and lifeless
In a glittering piles of shards
Now only reflecting 
the broken pieces of my soul
Staring back at me
All that is left after that moment of black pain
Instead I will exit your shining glass house
It’s really the Haunted House
And you must walk through your house of mirrors alone
Finding your truth, your exit, in your time, not mine
I’ll wander over to the Ferris Wheel
And if you get there and I am still in line
We’ll go for a ride together
Holding hands in a seat made for two
Otherwise, I’ll ride alone
Rolling up to the cotton candy sky
The ocean breeze dusting off my heart
Sun warm on my upturned face
As I swoop up to the heavens
And then back down to earth
(reminding me of our heady union)
making my stomach dip and dance
(like it did when you touched me)
The world topsy turvy
In perfect harmony with me.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A poem I wrote about a long ago relationship, which subject - to love someone who loves someone else - many of us have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment