Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

I thought I'd lighten it up a bit (all that emotional heavy lifting takes it toll) so today is recipe day!  Here is my recipe for one of my favorite cookies - I have been craving them but trying to stick to my diet, so my hope is that by sharing the recipe, I will feel "full-filled"!  :)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

1 C butter softened
1/2 C brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 C Flour
1/4 C cornstarch
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
1 T sugar

Mix butter, brown sugar, and vanilla with mixer. Blend in flour and corn starch gradually.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Form into 1" balls, place on ungreased baking sheet.
Pour sugar on small plate, dip bottom of small drinking glass (or something else to press) in sugar and press each cookie to flatten.
Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!!  Besides my Mexican Wedding cookies, these pretty much do it for me!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment